Thing #2 -- Attempt 2
I'm spoiled. Used to be, if you needed to know something, you had to go to the library and look it up there. Now, you leap into cyberspace and type whatever you're searching for into Google or Ask and voila! Hundreds and thousands of articles appear on the screen in front of you. On one hand, it makes it SO easy to find information. On the other hand, there is so much information that it makes it difficult sometimes to figure out the good information from the bad information.
But now I'm finding that I am so behind on all things computer. I've learned just what I need to know to get by, but there are so many new, exciting things out there! My students think it's so cool that I have an avatar -- they even offered suggestions to improve it! If they think that's cool, just wait until I make my own trading card.
I guess what I want out of 23 Things is to catch up to the leading edge of technology again, make it cool to hang out in a library again and show that there is more to life than YouTube and Google.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is great to hear about your students giving you more "cool" points. My sister, who is in college, said this increased my cool factor too! I think the neat thing is that these Web 2.0 tools provide a bridge to connect a bit more with this younger population.
Post a Comment